BComm, GBA, RPA, CEBS
Ehren got his start as a Disability Case Manager at
Ehren transitioned to an Account Executive role with Manulife Financial, initially handling a block of over 600 small business clients in Northern Alberta. In this role Ehren gained multiple years of experience quoting, presenting, administering, and renewing a full range of benefits (including Life, Optional Life, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Extended Health Care, Dental, Critical Illness, and Employee and Family Assistance Programs). In the Small Business role, a large part of his work consisted of being an educator to less knowledgeable benefit consultants and benefit plan clients.
Ehren regularly helped his clients and consultants (advisors) by:
- Reviewing client plan designs and proposing amendments to ensure plans were competitive in the
labormarket and maintained acceptable price points.
- Completing full reviews of plan benefits and presenting the results along with annual renewals
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual experience reports
- Developing informative newsletters regarding industry and legislative developments
- Acting as primary contact regarding all client questions
Due to his years of experience in disability claims management, Ehren developed a reputation as an expert in all matters related to disability and was frequently used as a general resource by his clients for disability and related human resources questions.
Ehren was recognized by Manulife Financial as the #1 Canadian Alpha Account Executive two years in a row, in 2012 and 2013.
Ehren is a member of the Edmonton Chapter of Advocis as well as the Canadian Pension & Benefits Institute.